New Balance XC-72 "Dry Sage"
XC-72 "Dry Sage"
Dry Sage/Norway Spruce
- Inspired by the speculative technological optimism of concept car design, New Balance’s new XC-72 model reimagines its 1970s source material as a boundary erasing contemporary statement. Three distinctive traction outsole patterns and angular features are employed to give the familiar low-cut sleekness of the era’s running shoes an aggressive, experimental edge. The XC-72 is the future that the past dreamed about, come to life.
- Vertically split outsole features two hard ground traction designs the XC15’s ‘gripper’ and the 375’s studded pattern
- Stability heel clip featuring the 620s herringbone outsole pattern
- Suede and recycled mesh upper with recycled content in N logo, lace and lining
- Rubber outsole with 5% recycled content
- Single layer microfiber tongue
- Squared toe shape inspired by 1970s concept car designs